Reports To: Operations Manager
As a Shift Leader, under minimal direct supervision, lead the press crew in the operation of the presses for their respective shift. This is a hands-on position where you will be very engaged with all aspects of production operations. Provides direction, support, and ensures the press crew follows company policies including standard operating procedures as well as all safe work practices, attendance requirements, and Rules of the House.
WORK ONLY 3 DAYS A WEEK!! Shifts are 5pm-5am, Sunday-Monday-Tuesday or Wednesday-Thursday-Friday. Switch between the schedule every 4 months! NO MANDATORY SATURDAYS-but when you do-they are paid at double time!!
- Responsible for all activities on or related to the production floor.
- Leads the press team in any operations that are necessary to ensure a successful shift focusing on safety and efficiency.
- Hold yourself and everyone on the production floor accountable to all rules of the house, safety policies, as well as all SOPs and other company policies/practices per the employee handbook, general postings, and “rules of the house”.
- Based on the knowledge of order priorities juggles the crew as needed to cover vacations, sick or call-in shifts.
- Ensures all jobs assigned to the presses are completed on time as scheduled.
- Perform quality and accuracy checks on machine center production. E.G Job checks, run order accuracy to schedule, overall quality of print / roll profile / packaging.
- Follows standard operating procedures as established by the company, performing all job responsibilities safely and professionally to ensure the best quality production per shift.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality and safety policies and procedures.
- Lead troubleshooting and problem solving on flexographic presses to ensure efficiency.
- Learn the Hawk Point system and become the superuser for your crew.
- Takes an active role in developing a strong work culture. Coaching and mentoring the operations team to actively live the Rules of the house. Positively reinforcing the ideal behaviors and teaching the “why”.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness to real-time concerns and production problems.
- Works with operations team to further develop 5S and CI skills and understanding.
- Through team building, celebrate wins and achievements early and often.
- Effectively and accurately communicate the shift status to the incoming Shift Leader.
- As a Team Lead, perform daily huddle meetings to communicate relevant status updates to team members.
- Communicates with scheduling and operations leader regarding shift irregularities and/or unresolved issues, especially those involving downtime, quality, and press problems.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing. Background in Flexography a plus, but not required.
- Experience leading/mentoring production employees (2+ Years)
- Integrity and leadership skills
- Able to work independently, follow instructions, and be self-motivated.
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Strong ability to lead and motivate people
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written communication skills).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and perform a live, on-demand assessment of a situation, and react effectively.
Our Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K Match at 4%
- Merit Based Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Year-end Profit Sharing
- Paid Gym Membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Yearly Steel Toe Allowance
- Yearly Prescription Safety Glass Allowance
- Quarterly Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Continuous Advancement Opportunities
- A work community you can be proud of!